Week 8: The Experiment Begins

Now that the the gate level simulations and timing reports were collected, the experiment could now begin. To accomplish this, I used my previously created test vector generator, along with a new script created to that could compare the results calculated in python with the output generated by the verilog simulation of the hardware. I also create a script that allowed me to compile the hardware at a given clock period, thus changing the clock frequency. Combining all of these scripts, I could begin the experiment. Varying the clock frequency, I collected the error rate of the hardware and plotted them on a graph. However, generating these results took days, so I should have most of the data collected by next week.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s